Bankruptcy Information in Ohio
Borders Serves Cleveland and Akron
The Facts and Processes
Bankruptcy is an intimidating concept. Many people assume those who file for bankruptcy are bad people, but that's far from true. More than one million people file for bankruptcy each year. We at Borders & Gerace believe you deserve a second chance. Through our top-notch legal counseling and dedicated attorneys, we can help you make well-informed decisions about your finances.
The basic facts about bankruptcy include:
- Bankruptcy stays on your credit for about 7 to 10 years.
- You must list all the debts you owe and property you own.
- You may receive credit card offers after the discharge of your bankruptcy.
- Filing for bankruptcy may protect you from losing your property.
- You may file bankruptcy separately from your spouse.
- Creditors are not allowed to contact you once your bankruptcy is filed.
- You may file for bankruptcy relief more than once.
Differentiating the facts from the myths is the first step toward a brighter future. While we've mentioned the facts, there is more to bankruptcy than debunked myths. With our excellent attorneys at Borders & Gerace, you can learn all about the bankruptcy process.
We provide legal assistance regarding:
There are two types of bankruptcy you can file under: Chapter 7 and Chapter 13. Both of these have their pros and cons. Borders & Gerace can help you understand which type of bankruptcy works best for you and your situation.
Guiding You in the Right Direction
As professional bankruptcy attorneys at Borders & Gerace, we understand filing for bankruptcy can be an overwhelming process, as there are multiple factors to consider. We're here to make the process as easy as possible and can help you through the paperwork and court process. Get control of your life today by contacting us at (216) 766-5704 for our Cleveland Office, or (330) 983-9719 for the Akron Office.